Friday, March 23, 2012

The Night Before, Final

 Alright, so this week, I began work on the centre piece of the nursery, which is the baby quilt. Since this is the first object I wanted the viewer to draw their attention to, I decided to create a quilt from scratch. Now, I am a guy, I have never done any sewing or knitting or any kind of quilt making. So when I found out that this entire project had to be from scratch, I did debate back and forth whether or not to create a quilt as the centre piece. In the end, I did decide to make it, only because the nursery wouldn't look the same without it, and without it, it would be missing the personal touch that this nursery needed to stand apart from generic nurseries.


 So here we go. I must have spent ages on this part, redoing this over and over again, but I began to understand Illustrator more as a result. The first was creating an outline of the quilt, I made each "patch" unique and used the shapes and lines tool to create each design.








I opened the blank design in Photoshop and began filling in the quilt. I added lots of colors, patterns(default Photoshop patterns), more shapes, letters, numbers, and more. I applied a texture to the entire quilt, to give it the look of fabric. I wanted a "homemade", almost homely quilt look, to go with the mood of my nursery.
 I finished the quilt by adding in a fabric/denim looking border(its actually the bubble texture scaled down significantly), and finished my quilt. Time to apply it to the final scene.
I applied the texture, and fixed the lighting a bit as well, for better viewing and to emphasize a night scene.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful & wonderful. I would love learning Photoshop and Illustrator for my craft ideas, one day hopefully. I wouldn't know where to began :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful & wonderful. I would love learning Photoshop and Illustrator for my craft ideas, one day hopefully. I wouldn't know where to began :) lol

    ReplyDelete