Friday, April 6, 2012

Tokyo Travels

This week, I began my work on the final project. I have named this project "Tokyo Travels", and my aim is to create an image with can represent my trip to Tokyo. I am planning on adding many objects that would be similar to a 3d scrapbook.

So here we go. First thing, I need to create a cherry blossom design for a Japanese divider that will set the backdrop of the room. I started by creating it from scratch in Illustrator.









Next, I took the paintbrush tool in AI and created branches, and then duplicated the blossoms, scaled them to varying sizes, and stuck them all over the branches.









I needed a label for my sake bottle, so I created a simple design in AI, and even added in the cherry blossom from the previous design.
 I opened it up in Photoshop, and added borders, textures, and brightened up the color a bit.



Finally, I opened up 3ds Max and applied both textures to my divider and the sake bottle on the coffee table. The wood texture is the same wood texture I created from the previous project, the baby nursery, except that it is a bit lightened.

My intention is to create many little objects and knick knacks that will be representative my Tokyo trip. I plan on planing the objects on the coffee table, and hope to add more to the background as well, to minimize the black space.



Note: I am also attaching a screenshot of what the scene looks like without the textures applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment