Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Rough Draft of Album




This is the original image which I worked with.
One of my favorite bands, Live. This is their original album cover.

In this rough draft please note that I am only RECREATING the album cover. I will make changes later on, or I may even scrap this entirely and do something else. 






I traced this image in Illustrator using the live trace tool. Then opened it up in Photoshop to fill in the rest.








Here, I expanded the canvas, and filled the the mask with a solid black color











 
Next, I filled the background with a charcoal color.


Here, I added typesetting, and the red line over the "I" is used with the shape tool.

 Album Cover, recreated.
Album cover, with denim background, colored mask, and beveled typesetting.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, nice blog and great work on the Secret Samadhi cover! Any chance you could please share/upload the illustrator/photoshop file of the mask you created? Cheers!

    ReplyDelete