Sunday, February 26, 2012

Live Album Cover, Part II





So I decided to change the album a bit, to redesign one of my favorite Live albums, The Dolphins Cry, and mix it up with the Secret Samadhi recreation.









I first removed the background of the photo of the band in Photoshop.



 This is a screenshot also, of my dolphin that was rendered in 3ds Max Studio.








As seen in the last blog post, this was my preliminary recreation. I started with this.











I hid all the layers, and added a solid black layer covering half the page. I also hid the mask(that was created in Illustrator), and the text "Secret Samadhi"



I then layered the image of the group, and re-added the mask. The mask was recolored to a light gray, and the image of the group was given an inner shadow.






Finally, I added the text "The Dolphins Cry", and added the image of the dolphin over the middle of the album cover.










Finally, I changed the opacity of the dolphin to 50%, and added a glow effect to the dolphin.






No comments:

Post a Comment